Battle between L and I

How does infatuation differ from love?

Definition of Infatuation
  • a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration
  • puppy love: temporary love of an adolescent
  • an object of extravagant short-lived passion
Definition of Love
  • a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
  • a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
  • have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
(Google, 2011)

Had a heart to heart talk with my friend earlier. She was heartbroken because her suitor left her hanging. But honestly, I'm glad that they're over. No offense, but I believe that my friend deserves better. My first impression on the guy was a negative one. But I tried to deviate myself from being pessimistic on my first impression on him, so I tried to reach out and get to know him, but my thoughts about him stayed the same.. even much worse. 

As my friend told the reasons why this jerk left her, I began to think, 'Did he really loved her?' Or did he just say those words because 'He's just infatuated with her?' Those thoughts began to drift in my mind, and slowly did I thought that most people say, "I love you.", for them to get their infatuated desires. Not knowing, what they have isn't really love. 

Is it love or mere infatuation? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash