Fulfillment!

I just noticed that I haven't blogged in a while. Work's been so busy! Oh wait, scratch that. Work's time has been so demanding that I don't have the extra energy to blog consistently. Gomenasai!

Don't have much to share now anyway.

One significant thing happened yesterday though. I think it was the biggest thing I have ever contributed in my company, in my own expense. So let me do the bragging. :-P

My boss asked me to make a video for her speech on Monday, which is due at the end of the day. I accepted the job because I know that I am somehow experienced in doing this (since my FRONOP required one before).

Morning: I started piling up my ideas about how the video is going to run through. Come lunch, I haven't had a visual plan, the computer's acting really bitchy plus my colleagues and I bought food that took us 2 hours *insert bad vibes*. I was half-panicking right after eating lunch (it was around 2:30PM by then). How is it possible to make a decent video in just three hours? So I thought of just bringing home the job, and doing it during the weekend. My boss didn't like the idea though, so she asked me to produce one (even just for show).

Three hours: search videos in Youtube. downloaded it. converted it. dragged it to Movie Maker. Movie Maker hanged. Alt-Ctrl-Del. end process for Movie Maker. opened it again... hanged again... opened it again...

It was actually a very hopeless scene. Add to it the fact that Ralph and Faith (my co-OJTs) left the office early, leaving me all alone with the computer, whom I should say was the greatest absorber of my one man talk. Half-stressed, half-pushing for survival.

Fortunately, my boss came down to sit with me and helped me with the video clips come 5:30. Somehow, I got my guard down. She saw some of the inputs, and she was actually happy with it. She kept on praising and cheering, for me to finish.

I think it was around 6 when I got to finish editing and polishing the video. It doesn't bother me though that I took an OT since the whole sales team were still under one roof as me.

Oh, I remembered, while doing the video, since my co-sales OJT Ralph, left early. I also handled phone calls, e-mails, fax, editing, and deliveries all at the same time. I'm not mad in anyway, okay.


At the end of the day, it was really draining, but apart from that I was happy that I got to finish it. A little push is all I needed after all. 

The feeling that you got your first job done! It really is quite awesome! 

I really need to handle my stress levels though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash