A fraternal twin: shirt to dress

Ding ding ding! Since most of my first DIY projects were all failures (in my eye), here's one that seemed to go out well. Sorry if the other pictures seemed to be different from the others, the others were shot at night, and I don't even have the necessary photography skills to make it lit worthy.

I saw a lot of old clothes my Dad used to wear. I got curious about the pile of clothes so I called my Mom to help me clean it up, imagine my enthusiasm once I saw this shirt! I actually got interested because of the skinny stripes of this one. 


So I had the initial intentions to make this as a dress since it was long enough to hide my unwanted peek-a-boos. I cut through the sleeves, as other tutorials from YouTube have taught me. 

Since the arm hole was way bigger than what I expected it to be, I decided to join the sides together.  Used the cloths from the sleeves that I had cut from. 

TA-DAH! You saw what I did there, ya?

And now here's the finished product! I used the belt to create a waist, which I shall say - NEVER EXISTED! lol The sides are actually unpolished because the shirt's way too big, and I have not decided a concrete plan to make it tighter and hug body worthy. Must make a plan before heading a pursuit, ya? 

Despite the trouble, it still looks humanely wearable out, ya? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash