Muchness craving!

I have been a loyal reader of a site named positivelypresent because this site helps me a lot to be positive. There was this recent article they posted and it striked the peak of my interest, muchness. Read it for more details.


This was a line from Alice in Wonderland. 
The Mad Hatter: You're not the same as you were before. You were much more... "muchier." You've lost your "muchness."
Alice: My "muchness?"
The Mad Hatter: [Points to Alice's heart] In there.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, muchness means "the quality or state of being in great quantity, extent, or degree."

What the Mad Hatter was talking about, in his odd and slightly hysterical way, was that Alice had lost some of who she used to be. He was inferring that she had lost some of the true essence of herself as she'd grown older.

In relation to this article, I believe that we all lose that certain touch of ourselves as we grow older. As we grow old, there are things in us that are depleted and removed. We cannot avoid changing; for the better or worse. 

Being at the last stage of my teenage life, I feel dull and lifeless. I guess I lost my muchness. I feel like I'm in my midlife crisis stage now and it feels so sad. No one even have to tell it to my face that I lost it. But as much as I know and see myself, it is still hard to pick up. How do I restart? How do I reboot?

I have to find my muchness soon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash