Familiarity

One of the best days of my week happened last Thursday. Nothing eventful, but I just felt so adventurous that day. I met up with my friend Patricia, for us to go and find a thrift store for her DESCON research paper. She needed to interview people around the business so we decided to go to Cubao Expo! It was my first time to go to Cubao all together. /embraces new places

Forgive the lack essence on the photos I took, I was not in the mood because I was too busy looking on the shops. lol



Most of the shops were close in the morning. :(


I love everything in this picture, but I love the crochet curtain most.


Remy's Thrift Shop was the first shop we stayed for long. Patricia interviewed the person manning the shop, while I looked around. The place was full of records, books, furniture, and some really old film cameras! 

The Reading Room: the shop I wanted to raid but they weren't opened just yet. :(


This was the third shop we stayed on for long (the second one was an ukay-ukay store, you know what happens there ;)). This shop was so full of collectibles, Christmas ornaments, mugs, and snow globes! I wanted a snow globe and The Beatles poster frame but by that time, I had no money left to spend. Oh well. 

This was also one of the shops we wanted to go to because of the modern furniture seen from the window. 

I know that we clearly lacked research by not knowing the time all shops opened, but who might have known when it's just a sudden trip. Nonetheless, I bought two cover-ups from a thrift store and it was a total steal. /kilig

So right after that we walked back to the MRT station to go to my next destination. I met up with the owner of Sami-San, which is Sam, because I bought a shirt from her designs. Actually, I've known her before but not actually tried to be friends with her just because, but now that we've really talked things out I just feel so happy that all the intimidation was gone. She was so accommodating that she even pushes me to do more film shots. *cries* /shy type gone

I bought the white t-shirt version of this, and it made me fell in love with it. It's just a simple design and shirt plus it's big than my normal size, but that's how I wanted it. 


Right after, meeting up with her (and all biological things to do), I met up with Ralph for us to head now to Makati. We were gone to pass out resumes to airlines for my next practicum next year. To tell you the truth, I was so tired already to think that my feet would soon be swollen, and add to it the fact that Makati is a walking city. /deadfeet

You may have finally figured out right now that I did not attend my practicum for that day. I had the day off just so I could attend to all these. Okay, maybe I could just retrieve what I said about this day not being eventful, because honestly it was a walk-a-thon event to the places I have not gone to. It was my first time at Farmer's Market + Gateway + Cubao Expo, first time meeting up with Sam (for real), first time to embrace and walk the Ayala Street of Makati.

And at the end of the day I just got it all in one quote, "Be confident, even if it's unfamiliar." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash