Brand ME

This Wednesday (today) was supposed to be dedicated to my lazy day, that involves too much reading, sleeping, blog-hopping, watching and so much more. But instead, I had to attend a seminar event in school for my ORDEV-C subject. 

I know that this seminar was a mandatory event that we had to participate in, most of the times students won't take this seriously. I, myself, is even disturb of the thought that we had to attend an event, even at the time I have my free day. But I guess my day was worth it then.

The seminar I attended was entitled "Brand Me". It was supposed to start at 1, but to think about Filipino time (I hate this trait of us, Filipinos), we started around quarter to 2. Ehh, I weren't bored since I have my two friends beside me. Hihi

Once the speaker started talking, I tried to entertain and learn things that I could possibly apply with myself, since the name of this event partakes the me. First part was boring, but when he started to show percentages and rankings of the Philippines in comparison with the other countries in terms of the internet, I got quite interested. He stated unknown, but now known past happenings and events. Some like, the multiply site crashed some past year in December because too much Filipinos or people from the Philippines were uploading pictures of their celebrations (I bet this was during the time multiply was still famous). The news that famous celebrity stars are dead, like Kim Kardasian, Justin Timberlake and the rest; turns out it was just for the AIDS campaign to earn money (Now I know). Also showing videos related to the now president of the United States, Barack Obama. Even the improper behavior of a customer at the Drive Thru of McDo just wanting to buy a McNuggets but since McDo has time restrains for orders like that, the customer grew wild. All to the point she smashed the Drive Thru's window. Scary much!

The Mcdo Rampage over the McNuggets. lol

Actually, I did not really get the whole picture of showing those things and relating it to 'branding me'. But much to my thinking and relating, it just shows that those that I said were people/ personalities that marketed themselves, even without the knowledge of doing so, to the people. It may not seem like it but, whatever we do, the personalities we show to other people reflects what we would want to market to others. 

As the speaker Adolfo Aran III has said, "Choose some thing that could define you.", more like saying, be unique and stick to that. He even mentioned the famous blogger, Tricia Gosingtian, whom I adore so much. Kyaaaa~ He said that Tricia's dad and him are like friends. What's weird though, when he asked us, if we know Tricia, I think I was the only one who answered yes to him. Haha! Are all the ones who attended the seminars, non-bloggers? Sucks to be them! Haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash