Spark 2011 and Photographer's Ball


So as a week ender and my last event for the week, Patt and I attended the Spark 2011 and Photographer's Ball yesterday at SMX. The workshop started at 3PM, but before that Patt and I got lost finding were that would be held inside SMX. Turns out it was held inside the main venue together with the shops. FAIL! Haha!




Anyway, from 3-6PM there were invited speakers to have a 5 minute talk about his/her life as a photographer. Actually, every speaker has a different approach and spoke about different niches from the photography world. There were those who discussed about their photography specialties, while others just discussed about the in's and out's of photography. Anyone would be finding their own identities through each speaker. Truly speaking, 5 minutes ain't enough for a talk about anyone's passion. So the speakers were really pressured, but some actually extended their time because they got carried away. Hihi 

Boudoir Dolls, who focuses on women photography. Love their concept!

The Harvey Tapan, who focuses on Underwater photography! He looks like my friend's friend, Kon! Hihi

Oh and look at Harvey's shoes! I remember Jay wanting this shoes! 

I have learned a lot. I didn't take note though. :( But I think I have remembered something important a photographer would need to have.. and that is DISCIPLINE. Numerous times was it mentioned by the speakers. Rightfully speaking, that definitely has to be one of the values a photographer has to have within. You can't just keep shooting and shooting anything you want, you have to discipline yourself with the world.

The guy from Palawan, who I adore because on his decisiveness on film photography.

One speaker caught my liking, because that was the niche I have been eyeing to. He talked about how digital photography can be easy to take and specialize, but he mentioned that films are forever. He was actually right about the comparison between digital and film. Digital when caught into some intense environment could corrupt, while films could last for a looooong time. The picture may change color, but the memory in that photo stays. He taught us that a picture should be held and not only just stared at the screen, because photos have souls. (I'd probably post the things I've learned in another blog entry.)

B&W photography always amuses me! Another niche perhaps?


After the workshop, we ate at Kenny Roger's and passed by Fully Booked for a little while. They have Hunger Games!! I've been finding a copy ever since. :( I have to finish Violin first though, before buying it. 

Zee party! Someone won the raffle! :>
By 7, we had to go back for the Photographer's Ball, an after party from the workshop. We found a good spot before going to the party, which made us have a photo shoot (Patt's cam) first. Downfall though, we got late making us out-of-place when we got there. They were already playing a game. Haha!


Eventhough we got late, we still got a free drink!

The party was great. At least, its more of a party and a social event compared to the one at La Salle's street party. We have to leave early though since we're just going to commute home. :(


Here are the freebies they give before the event. Actually, they're just brochures and stuff. Haha! Even though, I didn't win the raffle, at least I got a nice shirt! <3


More events like this in the future please! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what Violin got me thinking.

what's in my bag... for real

Make-up Stash